Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Bajillions of People

Hello everyone;
I can't believe how time flies!!  I am already almost done with another Transfer, and I think I hit my 4 month mark this week! Ha ha, the time warp of a mission is at it again! I feel like I just got here but at the same time it also feels like I've been a missionary forever!

This week we had dinner with our investigator Carrie... though I don't think that she really knows she is an investigator yet. We told her we were going to share our message with her, but she seemed pretty confused when we started talking to her about the Restoration. She met us and knew about missionaries.... well actually, all she really knew is that we are away from our families so she wanted to have us over for dinner.  And while we were eating she asked us a bajillion questions about Mormon culture.  All of a sudden she stopped and said, "I can tell that there is something strong that is holding your families together and I can't figure out what it is.  It has to be more then just praying and going to church because I do that and I don't have that strength.  What is the core thing that is holding your families together?"  It was so cool to see that as we talked to her for just a few minuets about our families that she could tell there was something different and she desired it. We got to really focus on how the gospel of Jesus Christ allows our families to be together forever. We are excited to go back and talk to her more about the joy that the gospel brings! 

Also, I have been working really hard on talking to everyone, and it is making a huge difference! Even though we talked to about a bajillion people this week, and almost all of them rejected us, I know that God is proud of me for showing faith, and for trying to help all of his children that he places in my path. And even though I haven't seen a lot of success on my mission so far, I know that I am successful in his eyes, and that I am making a difference. So that is just about the coolest thing ever.

Also, our recent convert Darrel told me that I use the word bajillion a lot, and that I exaggerate when I talk... I'm sure none of you would agree with that right? But really, I feel like I have met a bajillion people, so I think it is an appropriate word for it!
Love you all, thanks for all the emails, they are the best! :)
Sister Sara Matthews


No comments:

Post a Comment